background

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The BIG 3-0!

Black Friday happened to be my 30th birthday. I really didn't mind just going shopping (mostly for others) and just relaxing. We never make a big deal of my birthday. It usually falls around or on Thanksgiving and I guess we just combine my birthday celebrations if any with that. No big deal, it never has been why start now. Don't get me wrong I love the gifts :) but big celebrations just haven't been my thing I guess. I kept telling Jason it's just another day.  He kept getting frustrated with me. I also knew that in a few short weeks we would be heading to New York for my birthday so the actual day wasn't a big deal to me. I woke up and was given a card from Jason with these in it!
  

I had been asking Jason for Nutcracker tickets for when we go to New York but he kept ignoring me and at Thanksgiving said we only get to go to one big show "The Rockettes".  I told him "NO BIG DEAL, WE CAN JUST GO AGAIN".  He laughed.  So, these tickets were a big suprise to me!  We did a little shopping and then went to the Dallas World Aquarium and have lunch.




To be honest, seeing Drew happy and enjoying the aquarium was the better then any gift.  I just enjoy being with my family and showing Drew new things.  He loved every bit of it.  We ate at the aquarium and got to over look the aquarium while eating. 

After that we headed home for Drew (and I) to nap!  That night we headed to Bass Pro to visit Santa.  We did this last year and there was hardly a line.  I knew this year might be a little challenging and Drew might now like Santa and I was right!  He started tensing up as we walked up to him.  He wouldn't even give Mrs. Claus a "high 5" and looked at her like she was crazy.  I gave him to Santa and Mrs. Claus said "you can sit with him if you want".  I didn't want to, I wanted it to just be Drew and Santa.  Plus, I wasn't dressed for a memorable picture. 



This was a silent scream.  It wasn't loud (thank goodness) but he sure wasn't happy.  We left there and grabbed some food and headed home.  Jason was upset that he couldn't take me to a nice restaurant because of time but honestly it didn't bother me.  I told him I will pick a nice place in New York.  He still felt bad because he said it's your actual birthday.  So, the next night he planned for us to go out to eat.  He kept saying we have reservations but wouldn't tell me where.  I was kind of annoyed to be honest.  He told me I could wear what I was wearing out (a tshirt and jeans).  No place that you need a reservation should you wear such.  I did change clothes and we ended up going to Mi Chulas.  Which if you know, you don't need a reservation.  I thought to myself why did he say that but nothing else.  After we ate we ran some errands close by to finish up some Christmas shopping.  When we arrived home the house was pitch black (never is) and I said something to Jason.  He said "oh I forgot to turn on a light".  I thought nothing of it until I saw people sitting all over my living room.  They were there to suprise me for my birthday!  So sweet and very sneaky.  My close friends and family came over and we enjoyed German Chocolate cake and Strawberry Shortcake.  The house was all decorated in cute "30th birthday decor".  Jason had left a key for them all to get in, decorate, and wait!  They had been planning this for weeks and I had no idea.  No wonder he kept freaking out when I checked his text messages and he was hiding his phone from me when texting.  He later explained such behavior. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment