background

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Baby #2 is a ....

When we first found out we were having "Baby #2" we talked about names.  We decided that night on both a girl and a boy name.  We decided not to tell anybody to keep away from thoughts/reactions and just for fun. 

Last Friday I told my students that I was pregnant.  I told them I was going to teach them how to play a game to work on spelling (hangman).  The phrase was "I am having a baby".  Both classes read the sentence and looked surprised.  I explained to them it was going to be awhile and I was going to have my baby at the end of February.    One didn't understand why I was going to be out for a few weeks at the end of February after having my baby.  Just like with Drew, I had my students guess what they thought I was having.  They all signed a poster and we kept it up until I told them. 





We found out what we were having Monday afternoon.  We then went to dinner with some friends that insisted on finding out together and couldn't wait until I figured out how to tell them.  I had some ideas but gave in to the idea of a dinner.  As much as I love throwing parties for others, putting something together for myself was weird to me.  Plus, our schedules are really busy and we just couldn't plan anything elaborate.  I had a sweet friend plan the location and it worked out great.  Very low key but fun as always. 

Jason and I came up with the idea of making scratch offs for everybody to find out on their on.  I wanted to do something different then what most do.  All but three people guessed girl.




I then had dinner with some co-workers Thursday night and all but one thought it was a girl.  They scratched off the answer to see what we were having.

I finally got to tell my students on Friday.  The class was so anxious to find out and just couldn't wait any longer.  I told them what I was having and the ones that guessed correctly were so excited.  One little girl told me that she told her sister on the phone who's in college that I was having a baby and her big sister guessed a boy. 

So for the reveal...we are having a .....
 
Drew is going to have a baby brother.  Camden Lee Cate will make his debut around February 24th.  We are so excited and can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

  1. You brought tears of joy to my eyes at the thought of another baby boy!!! Drew is going to have a blast being a big brother! Enjoy their every breath because time really flies when you're having fun. I don't know how I'll survive without my baby next year during this time when he's off to college.

    ReplyDelete