background

Monday, April 23, 2012

10 months!



Drew is 10 months old and busier then ever.  He is getting more curious about things daily.  Two out of the four weeks he was sick with a cough and cold which limited our fun and getting out.  I glad he is finally getting better.  I think a lot has to do with his allergies.  He is still a happy even when he is sick. 

What's New:  He is attempting to stand on his own.  He will let go of something for a second and then fall towards me.  He does give a "high 5" more often now and still babbling away.  He has mastered holding his bottle (finally) and gets excited when it's time to eat.  He sits in his little chair in the living room and drinks his bottle on his own. 

He kept wanting to mess with the 10 month sticker!


Interests:  He loves looking at windows.  Every window in our house has the blinds raised during the day so he can stand up and see out.  He loves to bang on the windows and babble.  He enjoys seeing our lab out the back down.  One day I went outside, while Jason stayed with him inside, and looked at him through the window.  He really enjoyed that.  He also enjoys playing hide and go seek.  I sit him down in the room and then I go and hide behind a chair in our living room and he crawls to find me.  We do this over and over a few times and he just giggles the whole time.  We also do it around our pool table and that's even more fun to him.  He has always liked playing in the water and still does.  I try to make indoor water toys for him to play with.  Last week I filled up a big bucket with water and gave him a few kitchen utensils to play with.  He laughed and played for awhile. 

Food:  He is loving spaghetti and chicken noodle soup.  He sure does make a mess with spaghetti but he's just like his momma and loves pasta! I think his current favorites are peas, rice, sweet potatoes, green beans, and zucchini.  He loves mum mums and rice cakes for snack.  He has also started drinking formula to supplement and didn't have much of a problem starting that. 

Sleep: Always good!  He currently takes two naps a day for 1 to 3 hours long and then sleeps from 8 to 7:30.  His last bottle is at 7:30 and then we put him to bed.  He has been going to sleep on his own.  He does play a little bit in his bed but then eventually falls asleep.

Sizes:  He has moved up to 6-9 month clothes and some 12 months.  He is still in size 3 diapers.

What I love:  I love how he kisses me on the cheek and all over!  I love how he gives such good hugs.  I love how he is so happy and generally in a good mood.  I love how he's adventurous and keeps things interesting.  I love how he's my little boy and I get to show him the world and help him explore daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment