background

Saturday, June 9, 2012

6 years and counting

Last weekend, Jason and I had our first mini getaway to the Gaylord for our Six Year Anniversary.  This is our go to place and I have to say I really enjoyed it this year.  I can tell you one thing, I feel a whole lot better then I did last year.  The Gaylord is where Jason proposed, we went to eat on our First Year Anniversary, we spent the night last year and went back to the same restaurant that we went to on ourFirst Anniversary, and then went back this year.  Last year, I was due with Drew in 17 days but little did I know that he would come in 13.  Last year, we honestly walked to the restaurant and walked back to the room.  My feet hurt and I was miserable.  Thankfully Jason had begged the front desk, after two phone calls, to get us a room facing the lake so we could see the fireworks.  That's about all I did last year because I was so uncomfortable with the little man inside :).  This year was different.  My sister came and watched Drew.  Jason and I arrived around dinner time.  He went and got my favorite meal from Animia's and brought it back.  After dinner, he got me a nice massage at the Spa.  The next morning we slept in (first time in 11.5 months for me) and headed home.  We waited for Drew to wake up and then took him back to the new swim park that they have.  They had this last year but I wasn't even going to think about getting in a swim suit and swimming.  This would be Drew's first time swimming in a big pool and he loved it.  I even dipped him under the water a few times and it didn't bother him.  He floated with us on the lazy river, went under the water sprays with daddy, and played in the little kids area.  Even though the kids area was small it was perfect for him and just one other kid.  He loved the mini sprays coming up from the ground.  He just played and talked to himself!  We enjoyed the park so much that we came back later that night to enjoy it one last time.  I have to say with the sun coming down it was a bit colder.  We didn't stay long that trip.  I do have to say, Drew slept in a little the next day from the exhaustion of having fun. 

1 year anniversary

Riding The Shuttle Bus To The Park



6 Year Anniversary

Riding The Trolley Back To The Car (I think Drew enjoyed this just as much as the pool!)

No comments:

Post a Comment