background

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

CATE FAMILY CHRISTMAS

This year we were up to host Christmas Eve at our house. Jason's brother and sister's families came over and we had a late lunch, opened presents, looked in our stockings, and of course watched some football.  Our niece, Morgan, was fired up to open presents like any kid would be.  She kept asking if it was time to open presents.  We kept telling our nephew, Jack that we all needed hugs for him to get open presents.  It was kind of cute seeing him hug us.  He started the day off angry because he didn't like Sadie, the yorkie around.  Sadie was put up and Jack became happier.  When it was finally time to open presents, Morgan went so fast handing them out, I didn't get to see everybody open everything.  I had to ask Jason if everybody got all of our gifts.  It was fun, just FAST.  I was also watching Drew some of the time.
 Drew preferred the tissue paper which I had to take away from him fast.  We put him in one of the bags and he tried to bite it.  Every gift he got a hold of he put straight to his mouth.  I was happy that he lasted the whole time and was in a good mood.  He went down for a nap but I went and got him for his stocking because all he was doing was playing around in his crib.

Drew loved his cousin Dani and Kyle.  He kept smiling and looking at them all day.  I'm glad he is such a happy boy!

 The two younger kids, Morgan and Jack, enjoyed Drew's present more then he was able to.  The kept bringing it to every room they played in.  I asked them if they wanted me to get them on next year and they quickly said NO.  I'm not sure that was an honest answer with as much time they spent playing with it.  Needless to say when they left, we let Drew play with it and he likes it. 
 After finding Kyle, who was hiding for a cousin picture, we were able to get everybody together.  Drew was actually smiling during most of the pictures but his hand was in his mouth.  Oh well, one day we will get a picture of him with out something in his mouth.

GAYLORD TEXAN

We have been wanting to go check out the Gaylord.  We haven't been in a few years and it's just down the street.  I love all the Christmas decorations they have out.  I thought with it being Christmas Eve that it wouldn't be as crazy.  Let me just say, it was worse then I ever thought.  We had to practically stand in like to take any picture we wanted any where in the place.  I felt bad for people actually staying there.  First stop was one of the many Christmas trees in the lobby.  Drew loves trees.
 He looked at it for a while.  I am surprised it didn't try to pull it.  They had all the reindeer spread out and dressed up.  We saw Dasher (I think that was the one) and he was all sporty.  I had to get a picture. 
 We tried to get a picture of Drew and I by a huge rocking horse but so much was going on around us that Drew wouldn't look at Jason.  He was even shouting his name and nothing.  Drew was more interested in the many lights, people, and noises around.



 We were able to stop and look at the trains go by.  Drew found the train.  The above picture is him watching it.  I wanted a picture of Drew and I with the tree in the back ground.  There was a fountain and that was what caught Drew's attention.  I kept turning for him to look at Jason but he would snap his head the opposite direction and face the fountain.  So this is a perfect picture of our many of Drew and I trying to get a good picture.


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

1 comment:

  1. I gotta learn how you made this fancy page April! It is awesome! Not to mention all the great pics and family fun. Your borders and other info. How can I learn?

    ReplyDelete