background

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Only Once

We did a few things this year that we will only do once with Drew because it's his first Christmas.  I found a cute ornament off of Pinterest and ordered it from Etsy.  The link to the actual company is here.  She did a great job with working with me and when she sent me the ornament it wasn't what I had in mind.  She recreated one and sent me another one free of charge.  Now that's great customer service.




We also created our own ornaments that I also got off of Pinterest.  We made one for our tree and for Drew's. 


The last thing we did is too cute.  I have heard that a local pottery place Sunshine Glaze creates cute plates from your child's hand or footprint.  We decided on footprint because that's just easier at this age with Drew.  We went in and pick our design and all we had to do was get a good footprint on the piece we picked.  I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous how the footprint was going to come out because all Drew wanted to do that night was bounce.  He did great and the footprint looked good.  We left everything else up to an artist.  I picked up the plate yesterday and I love it.  It turned out really cute.  This is not something we will do yearly, only once.  The price wasn't the cheapest to say the least.  Like Jason told me, this can be his plate to eat on every Christmas.  That made me feel a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment